LouAnn Bala MSN, RN, brings a background as clinical nurse educator and health coach to her work at Get Well. Her publications and research aim to improve quality and safety for patients, further the study of alternative and lifestyle medicine, and build the case for using technology to improve care delivery. Bala has created numerous patient education materials on topics about youth mental health, transmittable diseases, and civility in the workplace.
In this podcast, LouAnn Bala talks with Helen Osborne about:
- The impact of civility on human interaction and the importance of respecting and learning about our differences.
- Why civility is now more difficult to attain for reasons that include less in-person communication, more screen time, and ongoing multi-tasking.
- Ways to foster civility in healthcare, online, and in the community.
More ways to learn:
- Get Well: Personalized care for all
- Global emotions report (2022) The Gallup Organization. Washington, D.C.: Gallup Organization.
- “Using Design to Get Readers to Read and Keep Reading (HLOL #29),” a podcast interview with Karen Schriver, PhD
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Third Edition, by Helen Osborne. Especially relevant to this podcast is the chapter, “Know Your Audience: Emotion, Cognition, and Behavioral Health.”