Karen Komondor RN, BSN, CCRN is passionate about health literacy. This comes from knowing why understandable health communication matters so much to her, both personally and professionally. Karen is Founder and President of Health Literacy 360, LLC. Her work includes chairing health literacy programs at an urban teaching hospital, leading health literacy training sessions, and teaching about health literacy at a university level. Karen also is active in local, regional, and national health literacy collaborations. These include Healthy Cleveland’s Health Literacy Committee, Ohio Health Literacy Partners, and the National Council to Improve Patient Safety through Health Literacy.
In this podcast, Karen Komondor talks with Helen Osborne about:
- The importance of knowing why health literacy matters to each of us.
- How this “why” can help drive commitment, action, and resilience.
- Tips for dealing with inevitable obstacles when it comes to health literacy plans and actions.
More ways to learn:
- You are welcome to email Karen at Karen@healthlit360.com
- Ohio Health Literacy Partners
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Third Edition, by Helen Osborne. Especially relevant to this podcast is the chapter, “Zest and Pizzazz.”
Read a transcript of this podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download