Joi R. Canton MSN, RN, NPD-BC is a nurse and Manager of Community Outreach in Boca Raton, Florida. In addition to many years in clinical practice, Canton brings experience as a clinical educator, clinical instructor, nurse leader, and preceptor/mentor for novice nurses.
In this podcast, Joi Canton talks with Helen Osborne about:
- Why it can be a challenge for new professionals to address health literacy in their clinical practice.
- How seasoned clinicians can build on “moments of learning” for staff.
- What listeners at all levels can do to help in their own settings, disciplines, and areas of practice.
More Ways to Learn:
- Join organizations that are geared towards enhancing health literacy such as: https://betterhealthinfo.org/
- Use educational formats such as: https://www.cdc.gov/healthliteracy/index.htm
- Learn about the journey to become a health literate organization, at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5666686/
Read the transcript of this podcast
Podcast: Play in new window | Download