Kristine Sørensen is founding director of the Global Health Literacy Academy. Kristine Sørensen also is the first president of the International Health Literacy Association, chair of Health Literacy Europe, and advisor to the WHO on health literacy. She now lives in Denmark.
In this podcast, Kristine Sørensen talks with Helen Osborne about:
- Health literacy efforts in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, and the United States. How these efforts are alike and ways that they differ.
- Why and how to keep doing this work even when faced with resistance.
- Health literacy associations, conferences, online discussions, and other ways to learn from and support each other.
More Ways to Learn:
- International Health Literacy Association (IHLA), http://www.i-hla.org
- Health Literacy Europe, https://www.healthliteracyeurope.net
- Asia Health Literacy Association, https://www.ahla-asia.org
- Global Health Literacy Academy, https://www.globalhealthliteracyacademy.org
- Health Literacy Discussion List, https://www.iha4health.org/our-services/health-literacy-discussion-list/
- Health Literacy Out Loud podcast, “Selina Maphorogo Talks About Community Health Education in South Africa,“ /2009/08/26/hlol-20-selina-maphorogo-talks-about-community-health-education-in-south-africa/
- Health Literacy Out Loud podcast, “Teaching and Singing About Health in South Africa,” /2009/10/14/hlol-25-teaching-singing-about-health-in-south-africa/
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 1, 27, 42.