Rosalind Joffe is founder and president of ciCoach, giving people who live with chronic health conditions the tools they need to thrive at work. Rosalind knows these issues well as she herself as lived with chronic illness for over 35 years. As both a patient and consumer advocate, Rosalind chairs the Patient Engagement Council of Massachusetts Health Quality Partners. She’s a coach who writes, blogs, and speaks about chronic health challenges and its impact on career.
In this podcast, Rosalind Joffe talks with Helen Osborne about:
- “Patient-provider engagement,” a term that reflects joint sharing of information.
- Why two-way health communication matters so much to everyone today.
- Examples and suggestions about ways that patients and providers can engage in collaborative, respectful, health communication.
More Ways to Learn:
- Working with Chronic Illness: A blog about living and working with chronic illness and difficult health challenges. At http://cicoach.com/blog/
- Joffe R, Friedlander J. Women, Work and Autoimmune Disease: Keep Working Girlfriend! A book published by Demos Health, 2008.
- Massachusetts Health Quality Partners, at http://www.mhqp.org
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 5, 6, 19, 32, 41.
Read the written transcript.