Christopher Cheney is a professional journalist. He began as a staff writer at a community newspaper about 20 years ago and has worked in multiple newsroom capacities ever since. Cheney’s experience not only includes print and online media but also producing content for radio and television. Cheney now is an editor and health plan columnist at a multimedia healthcare journalism outfit, HealthLeaders Media.
In this podcast, Helen Osborne talks with Christopher Cheney about:
- How media can broaden the reach of your health literacy message.
- Multi-media today. Options to direct content to your specific audience.
- Benefits, risks, and ways to create trusted partnerships with journalists.
More Ways to Learn:
- Cheney C, “Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers.” HealthLeaders Media, October 22, 2014. At http://www.healthleadersmedia.com/content/HEP-309584/Health-Literacy-Month-Gets-a-Boost-from-Payers
- HealthLeaders Media. At http://www.healthleadersmedia.com
- Chase’s Calendar of Events. At http://www.mhprofessional.com
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 4, 13, 36, 40.
Read the written transcript.