Becky Curran was born an achondroplastic dwarf. She is passionate about finding a way to change how people with physical differences, including little people, are perceived in the media. Becky is committed to helping everyone accept the differences in others.
In this podcast, Helen Osborne talks with Becky Curran about:
- Why health communication can be difficult when providers treat patients with rare disease and conditions.
- A patient’s perspective about ways providers can build trust and communicate effectively with everyone.
- How to portray the diversity of your audience in print and web materials.
More Ways to Learn:
- Becky Curran: International Motivational Speaker: http://www.beckymotivates.com
- Little People of America: http://www.lpaonline.org
- Understanding Dwarfism: http://www.udprogram.com/basic-facts
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 24, 32, 41.
To read a written transcript, go to http://healthliteracy.com/transcript.asp?PageID=12066
Podcast: Play in new window | Download