Tom Mucciolo is President of MediaNet, Inc., a presentation skills company based in New York City. For many years, Tom has been helping leaders effectively communicate their messages using scripting, visual design, and delivery skills. He also is on the faculty at New York University. Tom writes extensively about teaching and presentation effectiveness and is co-author of the book, A Guide to Better Teaching.
In this podcast, Tom Mucciolo talks with Helen Osborne about:
- Conversation versus presentation: Why talking about health is more than just words.
- Making the most of body language with proximity, openness, and invitation.
- Using tone of voice to establish presence and avoid distractions.
More Ways to Learn:
- MediaNet: A Presentation Skills Company. At http://www.medianet-ny.com
- Visually Speaking blog. At http://medianet-ny.com/wordpress/
- Jahangiri L, Mucciolo T (2012), A Guide to Better Teaching: Skills, Advice, and Evaluation for College and University Professors. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 24, 40.