Beccah Rothschild, MPA, is the Senior Outreach Leader for the Choosing Wisely campaign at Consumer Reports. Beccah has over 15 years experience in the fields of adult literacy, health literacy, health communication, and outreach including direct service interventions, research, and policy. Her role at Consumer Reports focuses on patient engagement around the issues of overuse and misuse of medical tests, treatments, and procedures that provide little benefit and in some cases cause harm.
In this podcast, Beccah Rothschild talks with Helen Osborne about:
- Choosing Wisely. How this campaign helps patients, consumers, and providers engage in important conversations about medical tests, treatments, and procedures.
- Consumer-friendly teaching materials from Choosing Wisely. These materials not only are free and easy-to-read but also approved by national medical societies and organizations.
- Health literacy, and its important role in the Choosing Wisely campaign.
More Ways to Learn:
- Consumer Health Choices. Includes free reports and videos for health professionals and patients/consumers. At http://consumerhealthchoices.org/campaigns/choosing-wisely
- To learn more about being a Choosing Wisely partner and helping disseminate its consumer-friendly materials, contact Beccah Rothschild at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 4, 8, 13, 27.
Read a transcript of this podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download