Josiah Fisk is founder and president of More Carrot, a firm that combines plain language with information design to create simplified, user-centric documents. While Fisk often works on consumer financial products, he also has experience with healthcare providers, software companies, and the IRS. More Carrot is a global company with offices in Boston and Luxembourg.
In this podcast, Josiah Fisk talks with Helen Osborne about:
- How information design improves readability and navigation.
- Ways that visual cues make it easier for readers to complete forms and other business or informational documents.
- Suggestions about using photos, spacing, sub-headings, and other design elements in healthcare documents.
More Ways to Learn:
- More Carrot, at http://morecarrot.com
- Fisk, J, “Plain language and the role of the visual,” Clarity; 68:23-29. November 2012.
- The Work of Edward Tufte and Graphics Press, http://www.edwardtufte.com
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 9, 12, 30.