Paula Griswold is Executive Director of the Massachusetts Coalition for the Prevention of Medical Errors, a statewide public-private partnership to improve patient safety and reduce medical errors. Griswold has led many important collaborative projects that include reconciling medications, preventing medication errors, preventing infections, and reducing hospital readmissions—all while improving a patient’s experience of care.
In this podcast, Paula Griswold talks with Helen Osborne about:
- Ways that patient safety and health literacy interests intersect
- Preventing medication errors: strategies and tools to improve understanding
- Reducing hospital readmissions: advocating for system-wide solutions
More Ways to Learn:
- Massachusetts Coalition for the Prevention of Medical Errors, www.macoalition.org
- The Med List, along with medication safety advice for consumers from the Massachusetts Coalition for the Prevention of Medical Errors, listed under “General Resources/Other Tools”, http://macoalition.org/consumerDirectory.shtml
- Resources for patients and family caregivers for safe care transitions/hospital discharges, from Dr. Eric Coleman’s Care Transitions Program, www.caretransitions.org/caregiver_resources.asp
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 4,11, 27, 30.