Kim Kristiansen MD lives and works in Denmark. He not only is practicing physician but also CEO of a company called EvidenceProfile ApS. Dr. Kristiansen’s work often focuses on pain, pain management, and pain research. He, along with two colleagues, invented DoloTest®– a validated, multidimensional pain assessment tool that actively involves the patient.
In this podcast, Dr. Kristiansen talks with Helen Osborne about:
- Why it is so important, yet difficult, for providers and patients to talk about pain.
- How chronic (persistent) pain affects many aspects of a person’s life.
- Ways DoloTest® helps patients and providers reach a shared understanding about pain.
More Ways to Learn:
- DoloTest, at www.dolotest.com
- Picture of Pain Blog, at www.pictureofpain.com
- Kristiansen K, Lyngholm-Kjaerby P, Moe C. ”Introduction and validation of DoloTest®: A new health-related quality of life tool used in pain patients,” Pain Pract 2010, Sep;10(5):396-403. Abstract available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20384966
- Kristiansen K, Shafiei R, Lyngholm-Kjaerby P, Moe C.” DoloTest® and Cognitive Dysfunction: A Sudy of Use and Understanding,” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2010;58(12):2430-2. Abstract at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2010.03165.x/abstract
- Kristiansen K, Lyngholm-Kjærby, Moe C. Pain and Depression Profiles in Primary care using DoloTest®. [Submitted for publication]
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 5, 8, 9, 38.