Rich Sagall MD is a retired family physician. About 25 years ago, he left clinical practice to devote all his efforts to running NeedyMeds – offering information about programs to help those who are medically needy. Beyond his work with NeedyMeds, Dr. Sagall also publishes the newsletter, Pediatrics for Parents.
In this podcast, Dr. Sagall talks with Helen Osborne about his journey from being a practicing physician to following his passion and creating a non-profit organization. Topics include:
- Journey from clinical practice to following your interests and passion
- Lessons learned about starting and sustaining a non-profit business
- Finding inspiration in unexpected places
More Ways to Learn:
- NeedyMeds, http://www.needymeds.org/
- Pediatrics for Parents, http://www.pedsforparents.com/
- Health Literacy Out Loud #71: Talking About Medical Debt. At http://healthliteracy.com/hlol-medical-debt
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 40, 41, 42.