Erin Moaratty is Chief of External Communications for the Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF). For many years, Erin was PAF’s senior case manager – helping people who have catastrophic illnesses deal with issues about access to care, health insurance, employment retention, and medical debt.
In this podcast, Erin Moaratty talks with Helen Osborne about:
- Medical debt: What this term means, who it affects, why it matters so much.
- Patient Advocacy Foundation (PAF): Services, resources, and examples of how PAF helps patients with catastrophic illnesses.
- Ways you can help: Strategies for professionals, friends, family members, and organizations.
More ways to learn:
- Patient Advocate Foundation. Visit http://www.patientadvocate.org/ or call 1-800-532-5274.
- Co-Pay Relief, http://copays.org/
- insureUStoday, http://insureustoday.org/drupal/PAC/
- National Financial Resource Guidebook for Patients: A State-by-State Directory, http://www.patientadvocate.org/report.php
- National UNDERinsured Resource Directory, http://www.patientadvocate.org/help4u.php
- NeedyMeds, http://www.needymeds.org/
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance, http://www.pparx.org/
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 4, 11, 13, 41.