Alice Villalobos, DVM, DPNAP is Director of Pawspice in Hermosa Beach and Animal Oncology Consultation Service in Woodland Hills, CA. Among her many accomplishments, Dr. Villalobos is a founding member of the Veterinary Cancer Society and president of the Society for Veterinary Medical Ethics. She writes and lectures worldwide on veterinary oncology, quality of life, bioethics, palliative/hospice care for animals, and the human-animal bond.
In this podcast, Dr. Villalobos talks with Helen Osborne about:
- How the animal-human bond enriches people, pets, and the environment.
- Ways that animals help humans during sickness as well as health.
- Strategies practitioners can use when talking with patients who have pets.
More Ways to Learn:
- American Association of Human-Animal Bond Veterinarians, http://aahabv.org/
- Delta Society, http://www.deltasociety.org/
- Healing Heart Foundation, Inc. and Pet Hospice, http://www.hhfipethospice.org/
- PAWS (Pets Are Wonderful Support), http://www.hhfipethospice.org/ Go to the Contact page to find your city or state.
- Pawspice Library and Quality of Life Scale at www.pawspice.com
- Society for Veterinary Medical Ethics, http://www.svme.org/
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 40, 41.