Helen Osborne M.Ed., OTR/L helps others communicate health information in ways that patients, families, and caregivers can understand. Helen is president of Health Literacy Consulting, founder of Health Literacy Month, and host of the podcast series, “Health Literacy Out Loud.” She is also the author of “Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message.”
In this podcast, Helen talks with Adam Weiss about the second edition of her book, “Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message.”
Together, Helen and Adam discuss:
- Who this book is for. What is new and different in the second edition.
- Why health literacy matters to everyone communicating health information.
- How health literacy is about mutual understanding between providers (anyone on the giving end of health communication) and patients (everyone on the receiving end of such communication).
More Ways to Learn:
- Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (updated 2018).
- Health Literacy Consulting, www.healthliteracy.com
- Health Literacy Out Loud, at www.healthliteracyoutloud.com
- Health Literacy Month, at www.healthliteracymonth.org
- Osborne H, May/June 2006. “In Other Words…Communicating When Naked: My Perspective as a Patient,” On Call. Available at http://www.healthliteracy.com/communicating-when-naked
- Adam Weiss, at www.adamweiss.net and www.podcastconsultant.net
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 1, 4, 40, 41, 42.