Jan Berger, MD, MJ, is the Chief Medical Officer at Silverlink Communications. She leads Silverlink’s population health initiatives in areas such as adherence, clinical messaging, engagement and health behavior change. Dr. Berger also is active on numerous national committees on quality and is the Editor in Chief of the American Journal of Pharmacy Benefit. In all these roles, Dr. Berger is passionate that communications can significantly improve health outcomes.
In this podcast, Dr. Berger talks with Helen Osborne about:
- “Chronic engagement,” a positive term referring to lifelong habits that support good health.
- Using technology to communicate health information in scalable, personalized, cost-effective ways.
- Measuring the effectiveness of health communication and chronic engagement.
More Ways to Learn:
- Silverlink Communcations, at http://www.silverlink.com
- Gerencher K, “Your Health is Calling: Get That Screening Test,” MarketWatch June 27, 2011. Available at http://www.marketwatch.com/story/your-health-is-calling-get-that-screening-test-2011-06-27
- Russo F, “Wellness: Does Your Doc Know What to Look For?” Time Magazine, January 29, 2011. Available at http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2040210,00.html
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 4, 11, 13.