Geri Lynn Baumblatt has been working on health literacy projects for many years. As the editorial director at Emmi Solutions, she creates and maintains Emmi Solutions’ interactive patient education programs. Geri is also a podcaster and hosts an annual series for Health Literacy Month on the blog: Engaging the Patient.
In this podcast Baumblatt talks with Helen Osborne about:
- How her health literacy journey began with an interest in science, graduate study in literature, and frustration with being a patient.
- Why clarity and simplicity are needed for multimedia patient education projects.
- Tips, strategies, lessons learned for people seeking health literacy careers.
More Ways to Learn:
- Emmi Solutions: http://www.emmisolutions.com/
- Engaging the Patient blog: http://engagingthepatient.com
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 1, 4, 36, 40.