Michael Mackert PhD is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Advertising at The University of Texas at Austin. His research focuses on using traditional and new digital media to provide health education to audiences of all levels, interests, and familiarity with health. Mackert is an advocate of using advertising principles in public health campaigns. In this podcast, he talks about:
- Advertising and public health campaigns. How these strategies are alike and how they differ.
- Ways to use social media and traditional press to promote your public health message.
- Stories, examples, and practical suggestions you can use right away.
More Ways to Learn:
- Michael Mackert PhD is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Advertising at The University of Texas at Austin. You can reach him by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To learn more about Mackert’s research, go to his blog at http://www.healthcommunicationresearch.com.
- AHRQ’s campaign, “Real Men Wear Gowns” is available at http://www.adcouncil.org/default.aspx?id=501
Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message, Second Edition (Updated 2018), by Helen Osborne. Relevant chapters include: 11, 13, 40.