Lee Aase is manager of Syndication and Social Media for the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. There, he works with a team to develop medical news for the mainstream media. He also uses social media to create in-depth and extended relationships with key stakeholders.
When not working at his “day job,” Lee is the Chancellor of Social Media University Global (SMUG) — a free online resource he created to provide practical, hands-on training in social media for lifelong learners. In all situations, Lee makes it his personal mission is to help people get comfortable with social media.
In this podcast, Lee Aase talks with Helen Osborne about:
- “Social media pyramid” of: Twitter and micro-blogs; Facebook and other networking sites; Web audio (podcasts) and video (YouTube); Blogs.
- How newcomers can get started and why they should.
- Examples of using social media to communicate about health.
Ways to learn more:
- You can email Lee Aase directly at Aase.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mayo Clinic News Blog at http://newsblog.mayoclinic.org/
- Sharing Mayo Clinic, http://sharing.mayoclinic.org/
- SMUG at http://social-media-university-global.org
- Osborne, H. “In Other Words…Using Text Messages to Improve Medication Adherence,” http://healthliteracy.com/article.asp?PageID=7987
- Follow Lee and Helen on www.Twitter.com : @LeeAase, @HelenOsborne, and @HealthLitMonth.