Michele Berman, MD is a pediatrician who has practiced in hospitals and pediatric centers across the United States. She also has authored numerous articles, many of them about the practical side of parenting. But now Dr. Berman is taking on a new role as Managing Partner and Chief Medical Officer of the website, Celebrity Diagnosis.
In this podcast, she talks with Helen Osborne about ways to make the most of teachable moments and use celebrity news to teach about health.
- How “teachable moments” provide context for new learning
- Why and how this website connects celebrity with health
- Lessons learned that all health communicators can apply
More Ways to Learn:
- CelebrityDiagnosis.com, http://celebritydiagnosis.com/
- ResoundingHealth.com, http://www.resoundinghealth.com/home/index
- Lawson, P. J. & Flocke, S. A. “Teachable moments for health behavior change: a concept analysis” (2009). Patient Educ Couns 76:25-30. http://cli.gs/dd2DmQ