David Walsh is a principal in the consulting firm, SmartLaunch based in Havertown, PA. With expertise in strategic and business planning, marketing and financial management, Walsh helps non-profit and for-profit businesses manage change, maximize opportunities, and launch new ventures.
Walsh recently helped develop a business case for Health Literacy Missouri and worked to launch them as a new, independent non-profit business entity. In this podcast, he talks with Helen Osborne about the importance of using proven business principles to move health literacy forward. Topics include:
- Knowing why you need to make a business case for health literacy
- Using the language of business (key terms and acronyms)
- Creating a workable and measurable business plan
- Understanding business drivers, goals, and the importance of focus
More Ways to Learn:
- David Walsh is a principal at SmartLaunch, in Havertown PA. You can reach him by email at email@example.com or phone at 267-438-6015
- Health Literacy Missouri, at www.healthliteracymissouri.org
- Good to Great – Lessons for the Social Sector; http://www.bridgespan.org/LearningCenter/ResourceDetail.aspx?id=624
- LaSalle University: Guide for Non-Profits, http://www.lasallenonprofitcenter.org/p-79-Guide%20for%20Nonprofit%20Organizations
Read a transcript of this podcast.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download