Arthur Culbert, Ph.D., M.S. is the Interim Executive Director, Health Literacy Missouri and serves as the Senior Advisor to the Missouri Foundation for Health in St. Louis, Missouri. In this capacity, Dr. Culbert chairs the coordinating council and facilitates the collaboration of the development of Health Literacy Missouri, a state wide health literacy center.
Prior to moving to St. Louis, Dr. Culbert spent 31 years as a faculty member and a dean at the Boston University schools of medicine and public health. He has over 25 years of teaching experience in the fields of public health, medical sociology, and medical education. Throughout his career Dr. Culbert has been a pioneer, an innovator, and a leader in the fields of public health and medical education.
In this podcast, he talks with Helen Osborne about statewide health literacy initiatives. Topics include:
- Statewide health literacy initiatives: What Missouri and other states are doing
- Synergy and collaboration among statewide health literacy initiatives
- Stakeholders and other necessary partners in these initiatives
- Economic considerations and essential resources to get started
More Ways to Learn:
- You can email Arthur Culbert at email@example.com
- Iowa Health System at www.ihs.org
- Minnesota Health Literacy Partnership at http://healthlit.themlc.org
- Missouri Foundation for Health at www.mffh.org
- Wisconsin Literacy at www.wisconsinliteracy.org
Podcast: Play in new window | Download