Elspeth Murray is a Scottish poet whose background is in cultural anthropology, health promotion, public health policy and patient involvement in cancer care. She also works with the Puppet State Theatre Company on their award-winning puppetry and storytelling production, “The Man Who Planted Trees” that has toured internationally for many years.
In this podcast, Elspeth Murray talks with Helen Osborne about:
- “This is Bad Enough.” Murray reads her poem about why health communication is hard, along with ways to make it easier.
- Using the arts to engage, entertain, and educate audiences.
- Creating compelling health messages with poetry, whiteboard animation, videos, storytelling, and other artful ways.
More ways to learn:
- Elspeth Murray’s website, http://www.elspethmurray.com
- “This is Bad Enough” video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3tJ-MXqPmk
- Puppet State Theatre Company, http://www.puppetstate.com
- RSA Animate, http://www.thersa.org/events/rsaanimate
- Michael Leunig, http://www.leunig.com.au
- The Poetry Foundation http://www.poetryfoundation.org/
- Reading Poems Aloud 1 http://www.spl.org.uk/sites/default/files/readingaloud1.pdf
- Reading Poems Aloud 2 http://www.spl.org.uk/sites/default/files/readingaloud2.pdf
To read a transcript of this podcast, click here: http://healthliteracy.com/transcript.asp?PageID=11678