Madeleine Rothberg works at the Carl and Ruth Shapiro Family National Center for Accessible Media (NCAM) at the public television and radio station, WGBH. Madeleine works to ensure that multimedia and information technology is accessible to all users, including people with disabilities. One of her many accomplishments is leading the Accessible Designs for Personal Health Records Project.
In this podcast, Madeleine Rothberg talks with Helen Osborne about:
- Personal Health Records (PHR). What they are and how PHRs are being used to promote health with personalized health information and education.
- The Accessible Designs for Personal Health Records Project. Creating a model of making personal health information accessible to those who are blind, deaf, or have physical disabilities.
- Simple tips and recommendations to help make websites more accessible by all.
More ways to learn:
- Accessible Designs for Personal Health Records, at http://ncam.wgbh.org/invent_build/web_multimedia/healthitaccess
- Accessible Digital Media Guidelines from NCAM, http://ncam.wgbh.org/invent_build/web_multimedia/accessible-digital-media-guide
- An introduction to Web Accessibility from the World Wide Web Consortium, https://www.w3.org/standards/webdesign/accessibility