Chad Brough is Executive Director of the Office of Patient Experience at Cone Health in Greensboro, NC. While his accomplishments are many, Chad succinctly summarized his work in words he uses as his Twitter profile, “Chad Brough stands for healthcare that is more compassionate, less complicated, more affordable, and more predictable.”
In this podcast, Chad Brough talks with Helen Osborne about:
- How patients’ stories help inspire caregivers about the importance of caregiving.
- Why patients so willingly share their stories as a way to give back and say thanks.
- Good, better, and best ways to help tell patients’ stories. From reading heartfelt letters, to sharing family photos, to producing videotaped stories.
- Recommendations, lessons learned, and stories about storytelling in healthcare.
More Ways to Learn:
- About Cone Health, http://www.conehealth.com
- “Team Ericksen” video from Cone Health. At https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu69flf3G5M&feature=youtu.be
- “Laura’s Story” https://www.youtube.com/user/ConeHealth/videos?shelf_id=6&view=0&sort=p
- Spiegelman P, Berrett B (2013). Patients Come Second: Leading Change by Changing the Way You Lead. Learn more at http://patientscomesecond.com
- Follow Chad Brough on Twitter, @ChadBrough