Dina Borzekowski, Ed.D., is the Interim Director of the University of Maryland’s Center for Health Literacy. She also is an international expert on children, media, and health. Borzekowski’s research explores how children and adolescents use media as well as media’s effect on the health and well-being of youth.
In this podcast, Dina Borzekowski talks with Helen Osborne about:
- The intersection of children everywhere with media in its many formats.
- Research about positive and negative effects of media on children of all ages.
- Recommendations for developing media messages that can improve children’s lives.
- Ways professionals and parents can help when it comes to media messages.
More Ways to Learn:
- Borzekkowski DLG, Cohen JE, “International Reach of Tobacco Marketing Among Young Children,” Pediatrics, Volume 132, Number 4, October 2013.
- Borzekowski, DLG, “Considering Children and Health Literacy: A Theoretical Approach,” Pediatrics 2009;124;S282.
- Borzekowski is happy to chat about health literacy or children, media, and health. Feel free to contact her by email at email@example.com